Out of State Drivers: How to Handle a Car Accident in Florida

When you are an out-of-state driver, you are subject to the traffic laws in the state in which you are driving. Even if you are in a rental car rather than your own personal vehicle, you still must adhere to that state’s laws if you are involved in an accident.

Whether you are the victim or the responsible party, you need to hire an attorney who is licensed to practice in the state where you are driving. You can set up a consultation and find out what your rights and responsibilities are by retaining one of the Fort Myers FL car accident lawyers from the Law Office of David M. Goldberg today.

Car Accident Victim Legalities

Your lawyer can work quickly to win you a settlement if you are the victim of an out-of-state car accident. The person who caused the wreck may owe you money for car repairs, loss of income and medical expenses. You do not have to go back to your home state without this compensation in hand.

Legalities as the Responsible Party

If you were the one to cause the accident, you need your lawyer to look out for your best interests. Law enforcement could show bias against the victim of the accident, particularly if you are from out-of-state. Your lawyer can ensure that your legal rights are upheld and that all information from the wreck is viewed fairly in court.

You do not want to handle your case on your own. Along with not having the skills, it can be difficult to work on your case from your home state. The lawyer that you hire from the state where the wreck occurred can continue to work on your case even after you return to your home.

Find out more about hiring one of the Fort Myers FL car accident lawyers today. Contact the Law Office of David M. Goldberg for a consultation.